Analyze Critical Data Access
Routeget Assure provides a comprehensive audit solution to automate risk management and SOX compliance for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (D365FO). Routeget Assure helps you answer three critical questions:
- Who has access to your D365FO data?
- Where are the risks in their access?
- What did users do with their access?
Who Has Access To Your Data In D365FO?
The Routeget Assure Access Review module lets you report and sign-off on user access in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
Understanding who has access to a company’s sensitive data is fundamental to security in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, and it can be a challenge to review who has this sensitive access. Often companies need to sift through binders full of reports to narrow down specific areas of access.
Routeget Assure eliminates that challenge and gives companies the power to easily focus their access reviews in Dynamics. By quickly analyzing who has access to critical data at a very granular level, companies can start to reduce the resources and time needed to conduct these reviews on a repeatable basis.
- Enables compliance with regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), HIPAA, and FDA
- Security analysis reporting at the user, role, duty, or privilege level
- Easily save or download custom reports in multiple formats like Excel & PDF
- Schedule and deliver customized reports to reviewers
- Automate access analysis for D365FO
- Detailed D365FO licensing reports help you manage licensing costs within Microsoft
What Changes Are Users Making In D365FO?
The Audit Trail module in Routeget Assure tracks user activity in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, noting what is changed, when and by whom, including before and after values.
Can you tell who makes changes to your data? Which user edited a vendor address, or increased the price of an item? Most data changes are a part of the normal course of business, but errors, and even fraudulent activity, can happen. Companies need the ability to easily track and monitor changes to critical data in D365FO without sacrificing system performance.
Through Routeget Assure Audit Trail functionality, companies can focus on the highest risk tables and fields to continuously monitor changes. With the auditor designed templates, included in Audit Trail, you can track critical changes with an absolute minimum system impact.
AUDIT TRAIL FEATURES
- Can track all database changes made in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Out-of-the-box templates and reports
- Easily monitor System Administrator user activity
- Capture before & after values, including items that have been deleted
- Setup in a matter of hours for rapid ROI
- Automate with custom report schedules (daily, weekly, monthly) and send via Excel or PDF attachment
- With Outlook integration, reports can be signed-off from the inbox
- Assists to comply with regulations like Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
User Provisioning Is A Continuous Area Of Potential Risk Creation
The Routeget Assure Identity Manager module automates user access requests and their approvals, without the need for IT involvement.
Provisioning users in your Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations environment can be an inefficient process. Most often, new employees end up waiting for access while approvals make their way through a maze of manual sign-offs. Identity Manager gives companies the ability to automate and fully document the request and approval process through customized workflows ensuring users have the proper access at the approved time.
Many times, users are edited or roles are given increased functionality without understanding the full impact. This can lead to over-granting system access or visibility to sensitive data. Identity Manager can help mitigate those risks by leveraging our Segregation of Duties functionality to give companies a clear vision of their risks prior to
- Request Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations user creation and role assignments within the tool
- Visibility into SoD risks during requests and approvals
- Multi-level management approval structures
- Flexible approval rule scenarios: user to user, user to group, group to user, group to group, user to role
- Restrict users from approving their own request
- Comprehensive reporting on requests and approvals
- Manage emergency and temporary access
- Promotes Dynamics compliant user provisioning
- Helps achieve Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance
Do You Have Risks In D365FO Access?
The Routeget Assure Segregation of Duties (SoD) module assesses user access in D365FO and reports existing segregation of duties conflicts.
When it comes to Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, understanding where you have risk is critical to maintaining a secure and compliant environment. Sometimes that’s easier said than done when utilizing native functionality. Companies need an easier, more comprehensive way to identify, document, and mitigate SoD conflicts in their ERP.
The Routeget Assure SoD module gives companies the power to review conflicts with an out-of-the-box SoD ruleset based on industry standards and mapped specifically for D365FO. The fully customizable ruleset is automatically applied to analyze your company’s unique environment, pinpointing exactly where your risks exist. Assure provides a platform for documenting mitigating controls to deliver the reports companies and auditors need to ensure a secure and compliant environment.
- Extensive list of segregation of duties conflicts specifically designed for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- SoD Analysis can be done by User or Role
- Out-of-the-box Business Processes can be customized to fit unique company needs
- Security reporting by user, table access, or menu access.
- Assists in Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance
- Download to Excel for analysis and distribution
- Intuitive and automated system supports continuous compliance
- Define custom report schedules (daily, weekly, monthly) and send via Excel or PDF attachment
Need A Better Way To Assign Temporary Access In D365FO?
The Routeget Assure Identity Manager automates access requests and approvals, including implementing effective dates.
Sometimes business needs require granting additional roles, duties, or privileges to users on a temporary or emergency basis. Maybe someone is covering for a vacation, or firefighter access needs to be given for a short window on the weekend. In these situations, it’s critical to carefully manage the time frames for that access. Automating the start and end dates, down to the minute, can greatly assist in reducing fraudulent activities or the chance for errors.
With Routeget Assure Identity Manager you can quickly schedule access changes to line up with business needs, as well as track the history of approvals associated with the increased access. For further monitoring of what users do with their access, check out the change tracking capability of Routeget Audit Trail.
- Automate access changes with start and stop scheduling
- Promotes Dynamics compliant user provisioning
- Multi-level management approval workflow
- Comprehensive reporting on requests and approvals
- Sign-off on requests within Outlook
- Built-in workflows for user role requests in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations
- Visibility into SOD risks during requests and approvals, with Assure integration
- Helps achieve SOX compliance
Security Setup With Audit Intelligence
For most admins, the out of the box roles in D365FO have to be edited and added to in order to meet the access needs of a business. Creating new roles can be a time-consuming process, especially when you consider the potential risks of roles with conflicting access. So how do you edit your roles without creating security risks?
This is where the Security Designer in Routeget Assure comes in handy. Using the Designer, you can easily edit and create roles with an automatic risk review. Starting with the ability to model security changes, you can simulate edits and view where conflicts exist vs where they would exist if changes went into effect. You can create multiple models, able to decide which model best fits your needs with the lowest possible risk level. Finally, if you choose to implement the changes, they can be written directly to your system.
- Make changes to your security quickly and easily
- Easier setup than through the user interface in D365FO
- Ability to push security from Routeget Assure into D365FO
- Ability to run a risk analysis against your changes to see possible segregation of duties implications of those changes
- Workflow approval functionality that can be turned on/off
What Could Your Risk Cost You?
Using transaction data captured by Routeget Audit Trail within D365FO, Routeget Assure will quantify the financial exposure of segregation of duties conflicts in your D365FO environment, providing a value to those risks.
Delivering this critical information to auditors allows them to focus on the key areas with the greatest monetary impact to the organization. Routeget Assure presents the data by conflict or by user, and provides dynamic drill-down reporting into the detail of the transactions.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- View access and conflict analysis based on financial exposure
- Easy to implement
- Reduce SoD Audit time by up to 80%
Routeget Assure Can Help Reduce User Licensing Costs.
We have a number of reports that will help you dive deep and determine how each user, role, duty, and privilege are requiring a particular license type. Also, we have solutions that help during the creation of your security to give you insight into how security changes are affecting your licensing requirements.
For a deeper look into these reports and just how they help with determining the type of D365FO licenses you need or don’t need, read this blog post and watch the video below!
RESOURCES PRODUCT SHEET
- Solutions for Dynamics 365 for Operations
- Detailed Product Sheet for Routeget Assure for D365FO
- Avoid These Top 10 Security “Gotchas” in D365FO
- Comparison of Routeget Assure Audit Trail and D365FO Database Log
- Step-by-Step Rish Assessment Guide for D365FO
- Develop and Implement Least Privilege Security in D365FO
- How to Use D365FO to Manage Risk
- How Routeget Assure Can Help Reduce Licensing Costs in D365FO
- D365FO Security Configuration vs. Routeget Assure Security Designer – VIDEO Comparisons
- 5 Reasons Why Security and Risk Mitigation Should be Top of Mind for Any Business
- Dynamics 365 Security Designer: Security Setup with Audit Intelligence
- What Drives User License Types in Dynamics 365 for Operations?
- Where’s the Security Development Tool in Dynamics 365 for Operations?
- Five Things to Think About When Setting up Audit Trails
- Don’t Let Security Be Your Most Hated Task In Dynamics
- 30 Tips n’ Tricks for D365FO – On-demand Webinar
- Risk Management and SOX COmpliance with Routeget Assure – On-demand Webinar
- Security Setup Guide for D365FO
- D365FO Security Matrix
- Using D365FO to Manage Risk – eBook
- Develop and Implement Least Privilege Security for Dynamics 365 – eBook
- Top 10 Gotchas When Setting Up Security in D365 – On-demand Webinar
- GRC Day Video Collection – On-demand Webinar
- Create a “Clean Slate” for Dynamics Security – On-demand Webinar
- What’s New in D365 Security – On-demand Webinar
- Wilson Trailer
Compare D365FO With Routeget Assure Security Designer
We’ve created 4 short videos comparing setting up security in D365FO Security Configuration area and how it differs from the Routeget Assure Security Designer tool. The videos build upon each other for a true comparison experience!
AX 2012 Vs D365FO License Comparison
When upgrading from AX 2012 to D365FO user licensing is one of the many things that change. One of the confusing parts is determining what license is going to be required for each out of box role, duty, privilege, and menu item. This Excel document goes through and shows the license required for these objects in AX 2012 and compares that to the license required in D365FO
Risk Management And SOX Compliance For D365FO With Routeget Assure Assure
Discover how to automate risk management, SOX compliance, security controls, and segregation of duties easily with Routeget Assure for D365FO. Watch the on-demand webinar right at your fingertips.
AUDIT EXPERTS ON STAFF INCLUDING CIA, CISA, CPA & CRISC
SKILLFUL AND ATTENTIVE SERVICE & SUPPORT PROFESSIONALS